Ayurvedic treatment aims to purify blood and tissues by cleansing toxins from the body and restoring digestion to prevent further accumulation. Nourishing herbs are then administered to strengthen and tone the tissues to promote complete healing of the skin. As there is no single treatment that can give longest remission, so an Ayurvedic physician prescribes a combination of following internal as well as external medications to produce good and long-lasting results:
• Panchkarma treatments especially vomiting (Vamana), purgation (Virechana) and medicated enema (vasti) to detoxify the body.
• Blood purifying herbal preparations are given internally to cure Dooshi Visha which is present in blood and intestines.
• Herbal preparations are given to correct the immune-deficiency. This produces good quality bone marrow (majja) which is the production center for immunity cells.
• Stress relieving herbal preparations in form of tablets is given to soothe the nerves. This stops the production of trigger toxins in brain and also clear toxins from skin cells.
• Coconut oil based application with herbal extracts of Anantamula and Kranja for external application gives fastest remissions and amazing recovery in itching.
• 20 minutes morning yoga exercises to relieve the stress
• Strict dietary and lifestyle guidelines
• Meditation to achieve mental calmness